Erin’s passion for law began as a child as she watched and learned from her father, an attorney. Born and raised in Cincinnati, Ohio, she was an all-American swimmer and developed a love for the outdoors. After taking an interest in canoeing, her hobby led her to explore Canada where she enjoyed several canoe trips, some lasting several weeks.
After graduating from the University of Oregon School of Law in 2002, her professional endeavors led her on an unusual and brilliantly diverse path. After starting as a judicial clerk in 2002, she then served as a public defender, worked as a private attorney, served as an Administrative Law Judge and a Pro Tem Judge in Beaverton, and finally became a valued associate of the RDF team. Because of her previous roles, she not only understands how attorneys approach law but also has the first-hand judicial experience of presiding over and ruling on DUI cases and DMV Implied Consent license hearings.
Although Erin is quietly confident and has a light-hearted nature, her unapologetic determination and calming disposition have served her clients well. She is known and respected for being straight-forward and honest so that her clients understand the realistic potential outcomes and their options. These characteristics, combined with her good rapport with judges and prosecutors and her unique perspective of the court systems and laws, certainly help RDF achieve the best outcomes we can for our clients.
As for her interests outside of the RDF community, Erin enjoys the married life at home in Southwest Portland. She is the proud parent of her cat, Dixie, and her dog, Charlie, who was named the Northwest Field Trial Council’s Puppy of the Year in 2011. Erin holds a couple of Oregon swimming state records, enjoys canoeing on the coast of Vancouver, and volunteering with Pacific Northwest Search and Rescue.
J.D:, University of Oregon (Knight School of Law), Eugene, Oregon, 2002
B.A. with honors, Guelph University, Guelph, Ontario, Canada, 1995
Admitted to practice in Oregon District Court
Oregon State Bar
Member Since: 2002
Oregon Criminal Defense Lawyers Association (OCDLA)
Member Since: 2002-2010
- Reynolds Defense Firm, 2017-present
- Beaverton Municipal Court, Pro Tem Judge, 2016-present
- Office of Administrative hearings, Administrative Law Judge, 2014; 2015-2016
- Calhoun & Fishback, Attorney, 2005-2010
- Metropolitan Public Defender, Attorney, 2003-2006
- Judicial Clerk for Honorable Janice Wilson, 2002-2003
- Oregon State Bar, Transgender Law CLE, 2017
- Oregon Legislature on speedy trail issues, testified in front of committee, 2009
- OCDAL Conference 2008
- Criminal Certificate, University of Oregon School of Law, 2001
- Bill and Ann Shepherd Scholarship, 2001